President Trump predicted on Friday that a deadly shooting on the famed Champs-Élysées avenue in Paris would have “a big effect” on French elections.
Joe McCarthy of Global Citizen talks about his recent journey to the remote village of Kivalina where climate change is threatening the community's very existence.
Authorities arrested Tad Cummins after finding him with his 15-year-old former student, Elizabeth Thomas, at a cabin in Cecilville, CA.
She is being evaluated by mental health expert who specializes in trauma.
Witnesses say the flight attendant ripped the baby stroller out of a mother’s hands — striking the woman and nearly striking the child — leading to the conflict.
Michael Reagan speaks at a rally for Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle in 2010. Michael Reagan, son of late President Ronald Reagan, defended disgraced Fox News host Bill O’Reilly, who was ousted this week after advertisers boycotted the show en masse amid a sexual harassment scandal. The firestorm started after the New York Times revealed that O’Reilly and the network had shelled out $13 million in settlements to various women who had accused him of sexual harassment.
The steady drip of jihadist attacks in Europe, including the slaying of a policeman on Paris's world-famous Champs Elysees Thursday, might give the impression the Islamic State group is thriving -- but experts say that's wrong. Under the pressure of the international coalition in Iraq and Syria as well as improved efforts by intelligence services, IS has seen its ability to mount complex, group attacks weaken. While a large-scale strike remains a possibility, "the deadly tenacity of Daesh (IS) against France poorly masks a continuing degradation of its ability to strike our nation," Jean-Pierre Filiu, a researcher at Paris's Sciences Po university, wrote on his blog Friday.
PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — Car users in Pyongyang are scrambling to fill up their tanks as gas stations begin limiting services or even closing amid concerns of a spreading shortage.
President Donald Trump shared a video on his Twitter page that had production values that didn’t quite line up to the highest office in the land.
For decades, being a coal miner has come with a deal: Work in dangerous, unpleasant conditions for years, and in exchange, get lifelong health-care benefits and a decent pension. Now, though, part of that deal is jeopardy, as the funds that provide those benefits have dwindled.
• Best animal friendships (Apr 23, 2017)
• U.S. identifies, charges Israeli teen accused of Jewish threats (Apr 23, 2017)
• Lyrids 2017: When And How To See The Lyrids Meteor Shower (Apr 23, 2017)
• 'Silent protest' over 20 deaths in Venezuela (Apr 23, 2017)
• Florida senator who used racial slur resigns (Apr 23, 2017)
• Trump Weighs in on French Election After Paris Terror Attack (Apr 23, 2017)
• Police seek possible accomplices of Paris gunman (Apr 23, 2017)
• Arkansas conducts first execution since 2005, plans 3 more (Apr 23, 2017)
• Taliban kill 'more than 50' Afghan troops in army base attack (Apr 23, 2017)
• Barack Obama returns (Apr 23, 2017)
• Parole denied for Brinks heist getaway driver Judith Clark (Apr 23, 2017)
• Even Trump's Earth Day message was anti-science (Apr 23, 2017)